[albatross-users] Re: pre4 - Problems still ...

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Mon Jul 14 08:29:44 EST 2003

>>>>> "Sheila" == Sheila King <sheila at thinkspot.net> writes:

Sheila> --On Sunday, July 13, 2003 4:52 PM +1000 Dave Cole
Sheila> <djc at object-craft.com.au> wrote:

>> So much for 1.10pre3.  For my next trick I have packaged up the
>> 1.10pre4 release of Albatross.  This resolves the problems
>> encountered in the 1.10pre2 release.

Sheila> This does prevent me from getting 500 Internal Server error
Sheila> now on my test app.

Sheila> Current Problem: Session Variables are still being lost, as
Sheila> before. If you go to the initial log in page, it shows four
Sheila> session variables, including _last_access and _authstatus but
Sheila> when you go to the next page (after entering log in
Sheila> information and attempting to authenticate) you go to the
Sheila> Expired page (which is an error) and the two session variables
Sheila> mentioned above are no longer in the session. The code
Sheila> contains NO statements that remove the session or delete
Sheila> session variables.

Sheila> Live demo here: http://mathxy.com/cgi-bin/test/mgr.py

Sheila> account num = 123456 email = test at example.com passwd =
Sheila> test1234 (only the login page should/would work. create login
Sheila> and lost password disabled.)

Sheila> Code (still) available here: http://mathxy.com/temp/

The problem is a bit difficult to spot.  If you run ngrep you will see
it though.

It looks like you have some <al-img> tags somewhere (haven't looked at
the source yet) because I can see requests like this:

        GET http://mathxy.com/cgi-bin/test/mgr.py/spacer.gif

This is followed by a traceback response which you do not see because
the browser thinks it should be getting an image.

After the traceback Albatross deletes the session, so you get dropped
back to a session expired state.