[albatross-users] Albatross 1.10 pre4 released

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sun Jul 13 16:52:45 EST 2003

So much for 1.10pre3.  For my next trick I have packaged up the
1.10pre4 release of Albatross.  This resolves the problems encountered
in the 1.10pre2 release.

The changes since 1.10pre3 are:

* ResponseMixin redirect() renamed to send_redirect().

The changes since 1.10pre2 are:

* Request classes now have a get_path_info() method.

* Redirect now sends the session id cookie when it is defined.  The
  logic has been moved into ResponseMixin.redirect().

* SessionBase now has a session_vars() method that returns a list of
  the names in the session.

* Random page URI handling is back to 1.10pre1 state.  The base_path
  used to split the requested URI will always end with '/'.

* Random page URI cracking has been moved into the get_page_from_uri()
  method.  This allows application to redefine the cracking method.

* More documentation updates - especially in the prepackaged classes
  chapter.

* Most samples have been changed to allow them to be run using the
  al-httpd program.

There still is no documentation of the FastCGI and Standalone
BaseHTTPServer support.

The pre2 was supposed to be the last pre release of 1.10.  This time
for sure...  If there are no issues reported with this one we will
release the real 1.10 by the end of the week.