[albatross-users] Proposed changes to Albatross placed in wiki

Cameron Blackwood korg at darkqueen.org
Mon Jul 7 10:45:59 EST 2003

From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj at harvee.org>:
  | Message: 7
  | Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:40:18 -0400
  | From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj at harvee.org>
  | To: Dave Cole <djc at object-craft.com.au>
  | Cc: albatross-users <albatross-users at object-craft.com.au>
  | Subject: Re: [albatross-users] Proposed changes to Albatross placed in wiki
  |
  | Dave Cole wrote:
  |
  | > Rather than have all of these proposals fade into obscurity I have
  | > created a new page where they can be catalogued and discussed.
  | >
  | >    http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/wiki/ProposedChanges
  |
  | I've updated ClassRenaming to include the more descriptive names floated by
  |
  | Cameron.  Personally I find them more useful (and speakable) in contrast to
  |  the
  | first set of proposed changes.  Since I don't know enough about the current
  |
  | classes to flush out the set, I'm hoping somebody else will

It's UUUUGLY, but logically, it would be something like....

SimpleApp                ClientSessPageObjApp
                                       App_Class_Context_stored_client
SimpleSessionApp         ServerSessPageObjApp
                                       App_Class_Context_stored_server_process
SimpleSessionFileApp     FileSessPageObjApp
                                       App_Class_Context_stored_server_file

ModularApp               ClientSessPageModApp
                                       App_Module_Context_stored_client
ModularSessionApp        ServerSessPageModApp
                                       App_Module_Context_stored_server_process
ModularSessionFileApp    FileSessPageModApp
                                       App_Module_Context_stored_server_file

RandomModularApp         ClientSessPageModByURLApp
                                       App_Module_via_URL_Context_stored_client
RandomModularSessionApp  ServerSessPageModByURLApp
                               App_Module_via_URL_Context_stored_server_process
RandomModularSessionFileApp FileSessPageModByURLApp
                                  App_Module_via_URL_Context_stored_server_side

Damn, thats ugly :). I really should look at albatross internals and
see if there is any chance of making smarter metaclasses that split
the context store into just the context.

  | ---eric
cam

--
 / `Rev Dr'   cam  at darkqueen.org            Roleplaying, virtual goth \
<   http://darkqueen.org        Poly, *nix, Python, C/C++, genetics, ATM  >

Teach me to fish and I will eat forever.

Eeeew.