[albatross-users] more data tricks for the wiki

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sun Jul 6 11:30:29 EST 2003

>> Maybe a better way to do this would be to place all of the
>> information required for pagination into the browser request.  This
>> would result in output that looked something like this

>> <input type="submit" name="goto,i,20">
>>
>> The nice outcome of this would be that we do not need to save
>> anything in the session anymore.  It would also allow you to
>> bookmark specific pages in an application.

Matt> I was thinking of implementing this just the other day although
Matt> my reason for wanting purely request based paging was that
Matt> clicking the next page link and then using the browser's refresh
Matt> button makes the ListIterator jump forward another page.

Matt> My only thought so far on this matter is to add a scope
Matt> attribute to the <al-for> tag whose default value is "session",
Matt> "request" being the other choice.

I think that the "goto,i,n" form is superior.  Makes me wonder why I
didn't think of it to begin with.  If the goto form was available I
cannot think of any reason why you would want the current "nextpage,i"
form.