[albatross-users] Standalone HTTP Albatross server

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sat Jul 5 17:50:06 EST 2003

> Dave Cole wrote:
> >Yup.  I am supposed to fix that this weekend so I can release
> >1.10pre2...  You are more than welcome to beat me to it...
> >
> Patch attached, it should apply to the 1.10pre release using "cat
> base_url.patch | patch --strip 0".
>
> Cheers, Matt
>
> p.s. how do you avoid the need for --strip?

Applied the patch.  Thanks.

What I usually do is make sure that my version of the source and the
original version share the same parent directory.  I can then create a
patch from the parent directory like this:

$ diff -ru albatross-orig albatross > albatross.patch

Then the patch can be applied by doing this from inside the unpacked
albatross directory, regardless of whether it is called
albatross-orig, albatross-1.10pre1, or albatross.

$ patch -sp1 < albatross.patch

Someone else might be able to come up with better instructions.