[albatross-users] check boxes again.

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Fri Jul 4 10:47:49 EST 2003

Eric> Gregory Bond wrote:
>> I battled with this sort of problem a few months ago and I spent
>> some time yesterday putting up my solution onto the Albatross wiki.
>> http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/wiki/ExampleCode

Eric> I noticed and thank you.  I would add another section however.

Eric> Q: how do I get a complete list of all checkboxes checked and
Eric> unchecked just like you can with ordinary CGI

Eric> Personally, I think this is a shortcoming of albatross.  It is
Eric> one of the few I've encountered in my brief exposure which is
Eric> very impressive.  I am resigned to shoving a list of all
Eric> spamtrap tokens up to the page and using that information plus
Eric> the list of checkboxes checked to extract a list of what wasn't
Eric> checked.  ugly but not horrible.

Eric> what is the best way to store a chunk of data (i.e. a list)
Eric> client side?

Eric> Anyway, thanks for your taking time to write up your solution.

You might be able to get closer what you want by using the alias
attribute.

   http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/tag-input-alias.html