hungarian notation (was Re: [albatross-users] Renaming application and execution context classes)

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue Jul 1 21:25:38 EST 2003

Many moons ago, I used to work with OS/2 and its APIs use hungarian
notation everywhere so we did too. It seemed like a good idea at the
time but as we got more "used" to it we realised that it caused more
hastle than benefit.

The amusing thing was that we *all* sat down to come up with our coding
standards that mandated the use of hungarian notation but over time we
*individually*, secretly stopped using it in our code. I can't remember
who admitted that they had stopped using it first but there were sighes
of relief from everyone :-). I've never used it since.

- Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
e: matt at pollenationinternet.com