[albatross-users] add_session_vars()

Dan Bergan danb at champonline.com
Wed Jan 29 03:39:21 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm a newbie playing around with my first app and I'm having some problems with
add_session_vars().  It seems like when I call ctx.add_session_vars('foo') from
within page_display(), then the variable does not get added to the session.
During later processing on another page, I try to access ctx.locals.foo and I
get:
Attribute Error.  Vars instance has no attribute 'foo'.

But, when I do the same call to add_session_vars() from page_process(), I have
no problem.  (And, yes, I am creating ctx.locals.foo.)  Am I doing something
wrong, or is this by design?

By the way, I am using the RandomModularSessionApp.

Thanks for your help!
Dan Bergan