[albatross-users] Macro and links?

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Fri Aug 15 01:42:16 EST 2003

  * you need to base64 encode the pickle string or you'll be hitting
    your head a lot :) because it wont unpickle, but it looks like a
    pickle string until you look real close ;)

Take a look at the Albatross source if you find the need to stick
pickled objects into form fields.  They have a very compact method that
pickles, encodes, compresses, and MD5 hashes the object when you use the
hidden field state mixin.  The MD5 part is *very* important as pickled
objects in python are *not* security checked and the object is client
supplied.

BTW, this is also a hats off to the albatross guys, I was very impressed
when I read that code; it helped me solve some problems I had in a very
elegant way ;)

Mike