[albatross-users] Request for pre-specification enlightenment

Max Romantschuk max at provico.fi
Fri Aug 8 19:34:40 EST 2003

Quoting Matt Goodall <matt at pollenation.net>:
<snip>
> I was actually thinking more from an application architecture point of
> view. It's quite common to have different authentication and session
> management requirements for the site- and admin- views; sometimes the
> site navigation for the two parts is completely different; sometimes the
> application parts live at different URLs; sometimes the only connection
> between the site- and admin-view is the data.
>
> However, for a wiki style application splitting the application into two
> would be the wrong thing to do.

Right now I think the probable outcome is that the site and admin side will
share the model, having different views and controllers. Whatever that results
in in Albatross terminology ;)

> I'm surprised you didn't find Zope stable enough. I haven't used it for
> about 18 months now but I didn't have much trouble with it. The learning
> curve is quite steep at first though.

The stability issue might well be my own fault. The learning curve is, as you
say, quite steep. If I could dedicate enough time Zope would be good to learn
properly, as I've only skimmed the surface.

Zope does have the "do things the Zope way"-issue though. Then again I rather
like the Zope way.

> >I laugh at your puny attempts to ridicule me. Hah!
> >
> >(todo: insert joke about herring slapping)
> >
> Phew, I'm glad to took that as the humour as intended. I posted it and
> thought, "oh no, what if it's taken the wrong way". ;-)

Don't worry about offending me, it usually requires more stupidity than the
average coder posesses...

.: Max Romantschuk
.: http://max.nma.fi/
.: http://www.mp3.com/romax/