[albatross-users] pagination question

Gregory Bond gnb at itga.com.au
Wed Apr 2 08:55:26 EST 2003

> 9 - 16).  Then I use my browsers "Back" button to return my category
> listing page.

This is your problem!

Stateful applications (where the state is maintained at the server, i.e.
Albatross SessionServer or SessionFile mixins) tend to break badly with the use
of back buttons.  This is because the back button doesn't contact the server,
it just shows the previous page, so what the user is seeing on the screen
doesn't match where the application thinks it is up to.  There are no good
solutions to this problem that I've found except tell the users, "Don't do
that."  Easy for me, with a user base under a dozen!

The Albatross RandomPage mixins help with that problem, but that involves
quite a different application structure.