[albatross-users] Re: Install in a shell account

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Sep 18 11:15:38 EST 2002

>Andrew, thanks for responding. Yes, I've been using an administrator's login.
>
>I changed install.cfg since reporting my problem. It now contains the
>following line.
>
>cgibin_dir = "H:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/albatross"
>
>and these installs work just fine.

Is this a different problem, though? The original failure appeared to
occur while installing albatross itself, but this sounds more like a
problem with the sample installer (it prompts the user to supply install
paths the first time around, then saves them to install.cfg)?

>It's entirely possible that I did something incorrectly during the
>installation of albatross as a whole, and that this resulted in the
>cgibin_dir being set to something suitable for a Unix-style system.

If it was the samples installer, it does prompt, but the default is set
to the Debian-centric /usr/lib/cgi-bin...

>Just thought you might like to know what my experience was.

Yes indeed - all feedback is appreciated.