[albatross-users] Question using page modules

Michael Rembach mxr at itga.com.au
Wed Nov 27 11:31:42 EST 2002

Hi guys,

I have a small problem with page modules (or at least my understanding
of them).

app = ModularSessionFileApp
context = SessionFileAppContext

the program is called itgaweb.py

I set the initial page module, which processes the requests and uses a
set_page depending on what choice is made.

I was under the impression that once you changed the page, you would
invoke the pageModule you have chosen. ie, I have a choice called
gicslookup, which is a page module called gicslookup.py.  When I select
it from the mainpage, the gicslookup form appears just fine (as you'd
expect).  At this point I have invoked the set_page('gicslookup').

But when I hit the submit button, it re-calls itgaweb.py instead of
gicslookup.py (which I thought it would do)

The form tag has <form method="post" target="results"
action="/cgi-bin/protected/itgaweb.py">
but I thought it should have action="/cgi-bin/protected/itgaweb.py"

Am I using the wrong app-type ?

Does this email make any sense at all ?

Please help

--