[albatross-users] Transferring a site

Brian Brown brian at ablelinktech.com
Sat Nov 9 05:18:19 EST 2002

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 03:27 PM, Brian Brown wrote:

> I've been developing a site on my MacOSX notebook with mod_python and
> Albatross. Works great. I've just tried to get it going on an OpenBSD
> box using mod_python/apache and Albatross, without much success.
>
> Mod_python is loading fine, Albatross installed without a hitch. I've
> tried with both an .htaccess file as well as setting the config for my
> directory in the httpd.conf - when I try to to run anything, Albatross
> returns apache.OK and sends out the default "Oops!" page instead of any
> content from the site. I have looked at everything 100 times and made
> sure my PythonPath was set in the httpd.conf, but to no avail....
> anyone have any suggestions? I don't think this is an Albatross
> problem, but I'm not sure.
>
> Albatross 1.01, python 2.2, mod_python 2.7.8, latest apache 1.3 series.

First, thanks to Andrew and Greg for lot's of troubleshooting
suggestions... I figured out what was going on. Albatross and mod_python
were fine... the issue was with some of my page modules that were
importing and using StructuredText. I hadn't moved that package to the
server. Unfortunately, Albatross was not passing the error up to
apache... it was just returning the default "Oops! URL home not found."
error, and apache was logging a 200 instead of a 404.

There really wasn't any way for me to figure out why it was failing.  I
was looking at all the code for the umpteenth time and saw the "import
StructuredText" and bang! I tried putting that module on the server.
Everything works fine now.

Is there any way to get those types of error propogated? Of course now,
I know what these mysterious symptoms mean!

Thanks!

Brian