[albatross-users] examples and ctx

Lewis Bergman lbergman at abi.tconline.net
Tue Mar 26 06:43:25 EST 2002

I noticed that in the examples in the manual the first few show in the code
where ctx is created as an object. For example in simple5 we have :
ctx = SimpleContext('.')

After we initiate the session app we don't see this again. Instead we see
this :
if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = App()
    app.run(Request())

Is this because the ctx object is initiated by the run() method in the
backround mixin classes as described (I think) in the manual starting at 4.1?

I am trying to get this straight in my head because the popview app doesn't
seem to behave as expected and I am trying to ensure I have the theory down.
The ctx object just appears but if I understand correctly it is created by
the app.run(Request()) call correct?
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications