[albatross-users] Additions/help wanted?

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Wed Jun 26 05:13:29 EST 2002

Dave Cole wrote:

> Dan> Currently the main area I am working on is form generation,
> Dan> validation and integration with a SQL (MySQL) database.  I have a
> Dan> good amount done at this point and could work it into the
> Dan> Albatross framework.

To me, as a user of Albatross, that sounds very interesting. Albatross
is great but creating forms is still too much like hard work, and
parameter-driven mechanisms for building forms on-the-fly would be
great.
Is that what you are working on. Given albatross's clean, light-weight,
modular design, I think it would make a great base for such a facility.

> Dan> The question is: Are you interested in help/contributions in this
> Dan> area?  Or should I plan on a seperate project that is an add-on
> Dan> that works with Albatross?
>
> It depends.  I think that Andrew and I would have to see the code and
> discuss with you how it may fit inside Albatross or as an optional
> add-on to the main package.

If Dan is working on what I think he is working on, it probably fits
better as an optional add-on module, built on top of Albatross rather
than part of it. But presumably Object Craft would be happy to host the
code on the OC site and to promote it as an add-on to Albatross -
provided
it met OC's rigorous standards for elegance and aesthetics ;-)

Dan, maybe you can tell us a bit more about the goals of your project.
Sounds
exciting to me.

Tim C