[albatross-users] Two questions (client-side production of static pages)

Andy Gimblett gimbo at ftech.net
Wed Jul 3 02:57:49 EST 2002

Howdy,

I just wanted to say thanks for the feedback on my two questions.
Both of these issues are now resolved for me - nice.

Regarding the first point, (output to a file) yes, the push/pop
mechanism did the job perfectly.  Obscure but powerful!

Regarding the second point, (nested macros), this scheme suggested by
Dave Cole works great for me:

> master.html:
>
>     <al-macro name="master">
>       <al-usearg name="sidebar">
>       Stuff stuff stuff
>       <al-usearg name="body">
>       Blah blah blah
>     </al-macro>
>
> somepage.html:
>
>     <al-expand name="master">
>     <al-setarg name="sidebar">
>      <al-expand name="sidebar-with-bells-on"/>
>     </al-setarg>
>     <al-setarg name="body">
>         Foo bar, foo bar, foo bar...
>     </al-setarg>
>     </al-expand>

I just had to modify my "site builder" scripts to read in all the
templates from a certain directory, rather than just master.html (so
it picks up sidebar-with-bells-on.html, etc.) - so now I have one
directory of "utility" templates, seperate from the rest of my
templates.

Many thanks,

Andy

--
Andy Gimblett - Programmer - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 044 Fax: 029 20 820 035 http://www.frontier.net.uk/