[albatross-users] Automatically Send HTTP Request

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Thu Dec 19 16:31:12 EST 2002

Hello,

I am adding the functionality to collect payments to an
Albatross-powered website, using PayPal's Instant Payment Notification
(IPN) service.  The contract goes like this:

	1. Customer is directed to PayPal to log in and authorize
	   payment.
	2. PayPal sends a POST request to the application.
	3. The application must automatically resend that request back
	   to PayPal, and process the response.

It seems kludgy to me (as opposed to PayPal doing this as a true web
service), but I don't see any way around it.  Have any of you done
something like this before?

Thanks,
Dhruva
--
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish
we didn't." Erica Jong (b. 1942); US author