Résumé for Ben Golding
|Name:||Benjamin George Golding|
Highly competent, well regarded software professional with extensive experience in building and supporting large scale systems and Internet applications.
|Familiar with:||Perl, HTML, Assembler|
|Highly Competent:||Unix, Linux, MacOS X, iOS, Solaris 10|
|Familiar with:||OpenStep, VMS, Ultrix|
|SDK's and Development Tools:|
|Highly Competent:||CVS, SVN, git, Make, Yacc, Lex, Unix shell tools, Xcode, PyCharm|
Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons), University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 1984
- Popular music,
- Bush regeneration,
- Current affairs,
Outline of employment history with major achievements:
Mar 2000 - present: Object Craft Pty Ltd - Managing Director and Senior Programmer
- Managing director of a small, highly technical programming consultancy.
- Specialised custom programming tasks, focussing on Internet applications, solutions for financial markets, network management, etc.
Oct 1997- Apr 2000: ITGA Limited - Senior Programmer
- Adapting Glue, an order routing system to work within the Australian stock market.
- Order communications and processing.
May 1995 - Sep 1997: Connect.com.au - Senior Research and Development Engineer
- Development and maintenance of a radius-based accounting system.
- On-going development and enhancements of mail and news subsystems.
Sep 1992 - May 1995: Connect.com.au - Technical Director
- System deployment, installation and maintenance of connect.com.au's Australia-wide Internet presence.
- Customer support and installations.
- Strategic development and planning.
- Office management.
Apr 1988 - Aug 1993: Pyramid Technology - Senior R&D Engineer
- Compiler development and maintenance of Pyramid's ANSI C, Fortran, Cobol and Pascal compilers.
- Contributed to Pyramid's part in the X3-J11 ANSI C standardisation process.
Jun 1987 - Apr 1988: Olivetti SpA - Consultant in Ivrea, Italy.
- AT&T Starlan Starlan interface between on-line cash registers and back office databases running on Olivetti's M600 series machines using AT&T System V Unix.
Jan 1986 - Jun 1987: Pyramid Technology - Pre- and Post-sales support
- Customer support
- Porting applications
- Tender responses
Dec 1984 - Nov 1985: Xenotron Australia - Programmer and system manager
- Application programming for the computer phototypesetting industry using PDP-11 and Plessey 6000 machines running Unix and Xenix.
- System administration.
Dec 1983 - Feb 1984: Melbourne University - Part-time work
- Porting CGSS from Cyber Pascal to Unix Pascal on a Perkin-Elmer 32/40.
Jun 1983 - Nov 1983: Melbourne University - Part time work
- Enhancements and maintenance of draw, an application to create and manipulate VLSI schematics on a Tectronix display scope.
Nov 1982 - Feb 1983: IP Sharp Associates - Programmer
- Data analysis and graphing using APL for a range of clients in the stock broking industry.