[python-sybase] python 64-bit and OpenClient

Mr. Dan bitsandbytes88 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 02:03:42 EST 2006

I have problems getting sybase-0.37 to work with either the 32-bit version
of OCS, 11 or the 64-bit version, 15.  Things work with tsql or isql, but
with python, I'm gettig segfault or undefined symbol.
Does anyone know of a combination that does work?   I have linuxamd64 with
OCS_15 (64-bit).  I also found rpms for the version 11 sybase OCS.
Freetds-.63 with sybase-0.37 results in the segfault.

##
One post says...
If python is built in 64bit mode then it HAS to use the 64bit Sybase libs.
However I suspect that the python Sybase glue code hasn't been modified to
handle the changes required to link/build with the 64bit libs - in
particular including the -DSYB_LP64 command line arg to gcc when compiling
the C code, and linking with the xxx64 version of the libs.