[python-sybase] Migrating from Java to Python

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Sat Jul 8 11:50:39 EST 2006

>See, these Java freaks gave me this JDBC URL:
>
>		jdbc:sybase::Tds:espresso.my.org:4100/beandb
>
>How in the heck do you map that to arguments in Sybase.connect()?

I think that's actually a DSN (distinguished service name), rather than a
URL. Same idea, just a different format. The first 4 fields appear to be
specific to JDBC. That leaves:

    hostname: espresso.my.org (the database server)
    server port: 4100
    database name: beandb

One of the old hands will have to tell you how to get python-sybase to
connect to anything other than localhost (the doco doesn't tell me!)