[python-sybase] Migrating from Java to Python

Sean Kelly kelly at seankelly.tv
Fri Jul 7 23:47:50 EST 2006

Folks:

I've got to write a Python client application running on Linux that
gets data from a Sybase database maintained by a bunch of Java
freaks.  I know little about Sybase but (miraculously?) got the
Developer Edition of ASE15 installed as well as the Python Sybase
0.34 module installed.

Now I'm stuck.

See, these Java freaks gave me this JDBC URL:

		jdbc:sybase::Tds:espresso.my.org:4100/beandb

How in the heck do you map that to arguments in Sybase.connect()?

Thanks,
Sean.