[python-sybase] Re: This routine cannot be called because another command structure has results pending

Greg Ward gward-pysybase at python.net
Fri Jul 7 00:44:14 EST 2006

On 06 July 2006, Andrew McNamara said:
> Dave's tied up with other stuff at the moment, but I've run this by him,
> and he says your patch looks good.

Yeah, I know how it goes.  Nice, stable codebase that's been humming
along just fine for years and some yahoo finds a bug.  The longer since
the last release, the harder it is to find time for the next one.

> As to whether it make it into a future release, I can certainly apply
> it to the repository, but neither Dave nor I have a Sybase installation
> to test it against at the moment (and neither of us can really spare
> the time).

Knowing that it's checked in is good enough for me.  Would be nice to
see a 0.38 release someday, but I've no objection if it waits until you
guys are good and ready.

> That raises the question - should the project be moved to Sourceforge? I'm
> not convinced the move would solve anything:

Agreed.  In my experience, checking in patches is the least
time-consuming part of maintaining a stable project.  Merely opening
checkins to more developers won't help much.

        Greg