[python-sybase] Re: This routine cannot be called because another command structure has results pending

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu Jul 6 12:38:58 EST 2006

>> However, I suspect a more appropriate fix would be to factor out a
>> _close_fetcher() method of Cursor:
>>
>>   def _close_fetcher(self):
>>       if self._fetcher:
>>           self._fetcher._close()
>>       self._fetcher = None
>>
>> and replace every occurence of "self._fetcher = None" with
>> "self._close_fetcher()".
>
>I have done this and it seems to work.  I'm certainly not getting any
>more mysterious "this routine cannot be called" errors from my
>Python/sybase scripts, which makes me very happy indeed.
>
>I'll attach my patch.  Does this look correct?  Is it likely to be
>included in a future release of python-sybase?  Do you think I'll get
>burned if I deploy a version of python-sybase with this patch applied?

Dave's tied up with other stuff at the moment, but I've run this by him,
and he says your patch looks good.

As to whether it make it into a future release, I can certainly apply
it to the repository, but neither Dave nor I have a Sybase installation
to test it against at the moment (and neither of us can really spare
the time).

That raises the question - should the project be moved to Sourceforge? I'm
not convinced the move would solve anything: it would still require at
least one developer with C skills and the time to review and test patches,
cut releases, and reply to queries - is there anyone on the list willing
to commit to that?