[python-sybase] The python-sybase module has been moved to sourceforge.net.

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Tue Dec 12 15:41:22 EST 2006

Sébastien Sablé wrote:
> 2006/7/6, Andrew McNamara <andrewm at object-craft.com.au>:
>> That raises the question - should the project be moved to Sourceforge?
>> I'm not convinced the move would solve anything: it would still require at
>> least one developer with C skills and the time to review and test
>> patches, cut releases, and reply to queries - is there anyone on the list willing
>> to commit to that?
>
> I would like to volunteer to do that. We are using python-sybase in a
> few tools at the company where I work and so we would like to
> contribute to this project and ensure it is properly tested.

to create a sourceforge project and move our code onto the site.

Sébastien agreed to create the project on sourceforge and he then
converted our CVS module to subversion and loaded it up at:
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-sybase/

We have been hoping someone would make an offer like this for quite some
time now, and it is a great relief to see the code be taken over by
someone who not only has an ongoing interest in the success of the
project, but also has the ability to ensure that success.

Thank you Sébastien.

- Dave