[python-sybase] Can't set_property()

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Sep 24 00:25:00 EST 2005

    Dave> From this page:
    Dave> http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/sybase/sybase/module-Sybase.html

    Dave>   db = Sybase.connect('SYBASE', 'sa', '', delay_connect = 1)
    Dave>   db.set_property(Sybase.CS_HOSTNAME, 'secret')
    Dave>   db.connect()

    Dave> The delay_connect argument tells the Connection object not to
    Dave> connect to the server immediately.  This allows you to set
    Dave> properties then connect using the connect() method.

Thanks.  I've gotten so used to working with software that has minimal
documentation (much of the stuff here at work :-) or documentation that is
so voluminous that it's hard to navigate around in (the major database
vendors' docs qualify here), that I frequently ignore the documentation
altogether or give up after a quick scan.

Skip