[python-sybase] cs_dt_info symbol undefined

Sébastien Arnaud arnaudsj at emedialibrary.org
Sat Oct 29 14:37:05 EST 2005

Hi Jeff,

I encountered somehow the same type of errors in the past on a Gentoo
Server. The problem is that I can't seem to remember exactly what did
it. I actually reinstalled the Sybase python module just a few days
ago, right after upgrading from python 2.3.5 to python 2.4.2 and I
had no issue at all...

Are you under x86 Gentoo?  A few things I would try would be to make
sure to set the SYBASE var to /usr and try without -U WANT_BULKCOPY.
Also you might want to check if your FreeTDS install is working
correctly by running a quick test using the command line tool tsql.

Finally, you did not specify which version you tried to install. I
believe 0.36 is the one I have installed.

Hope this helps.

Sébastien