[python-sybase] how to get return value of update/delete statement

michael lee mik3l3374 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:30:07 EST 2005

hi
how can i successfully get the return of an update or delete statement using
the Sybase module?
 i am doing a CGI script whereby if a user keys in the wrong name, i would
want to catch that error
 eg if key in wrong username,
my CGI script will call Sybase to execute < update table set this = a-value
where name = 'wronguser' > and then return a value indicating "not found"
but i am not able to figure out how to catch this return value. Any advise?
cur.execute(update_statement)
 my table is being updated though when i tried a valid user. I tried
rowcount but also not working.
thanks