[python-sybase] Sybase module 0.37pre1 released

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:59:34 -0600

    Dave> This release contains a number of small bugfixes and patches
    Dave> received from users.

I don't see this change:

*** /Users/skip/src/sybase-0.36/Sybase.py       Sun Apr 27 05:54:35 2003
--- /Users/skip/tmp/Sybase.py   Sat Mar 19 16:46:17 2005
***************
*** 436,441 ****
--- 471,477 ----

      def start(self, arraysize):
          self._arraysize = arraysize
+         self._set_state(_LAZY_FETCHING)
          status = self._cmd.ct_send()
          if status != CS_SUCCEED:
              self._raise_error(Error, 'ct_send')

You created that in response to some problems one of my users was having.

I also don't see anything related to Python's builtin datetime module.  I
can whip up a patch based upon my local changes if you like.  mx.DateTime is
nice, but overkill for most things and represents yet another thing that
needs to be installed.

Finally, way back when I first started using the Sybase module I added a
converters arg to the Connection class.  I realize that's not necessarily
everybody's idea of the best way to implement type converters, but it allows
me to pretty transparently use whatever date/time module I have available.
(Some users at work have old code that expects times to be floats in epoch
seconds as returned by time.time().  This allows them to easily use that
with minimal changes to their code.)

--
Skip Montanaro
skip@pobox.com