[python-sybase] Windows compile

Glen Jackson glen at berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 2 11:51:34 EST 2005

I have been trying to get python-sybase to compile for Windows (XP),
but have not had any luck finding the right compiler. I have looked
for it at Microsoft, E-Bay, and several computer stores that recycle
old versions of software.

I tried using the Borland compiler. Converting the sybase libraries
seemed like an okay thing to do, but when the build script began
complaining about the installed Python libraries, I thought it was
time to quit. Converting those libraries to another format did not
seem like an okay thing to do.

Can anyone tell me how to deal with this? If not, I have to go back
to embedding isql calls inside python scripts.....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Glen Jackson