[python-sybase] Large text input

Jeff Younker jyounker at ofoto.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:38:21 -0700

Oh boy.  This one is *not* an easy one to solve.   The sybase protocol
doesn't handle blocks larger than 16k. (I hope I'm actually wrong about
this.)  In order to send larger blocks you have to use the lower level
libraries.  You have to look up the row that you want to insert the data
into, get a handle to the field you want, and then repeatedly send
sub-16k chunks of data.

It's not pretty.   I'd be glad to contribute the code to do it, but
unfortunately it is my employer's property.  (*ugh*)  I'd ask my boss
to release it, but he's on vacation at the moment.

All I can say is, sob now.   Sob very hard.

-jeff