[python-sybase] callproc

Ty Sarna tsarna at sarna.org
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:01:22 -0500

> So far I have not been able to run a stored procedure. When
> I try the code snipped in the Sybase Module Manual, I get
> this output:
[...]
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Sybase.py", line 161, in _serv
> ermsg_cb
>     raise DatabaseError(_fmt_server(msg))
> Sybase.DatabaseError: Level 10, State 1, Procedure sp_help, Line 170

The problem here is that sp_help uses PRINT, which sends a message back
to the client. Currently, the python-sybase driver treats this message
type as a fatal error!

I posted a patch to fix this and some other related problems last month,
but so far I have received no feedback.  Is a new release planned soon?

Anyway, you can look in the October list archives and try the patch from
my second email. It should fix it for you.