[python-sybase] Sybase 12.5, Solaris and blk_alloc

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:55:11 +1100

>Yes.  At least, it does for everything I've tried.  Gotta get the
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH stuff right, esp. if you want the same .so to work for 11.5,
>12.0 and 12.5 (which it seems to no problems).

BTW, Solaris lets you specify a run-time library search path at link
time with the -R linker option (it works like the -L option, which only
has an effect at link-time under Solaris).

John - did the "symbol not found" error occur on the same machine as you
built the module? My immediate thought would be a different library is
being found at run-time compared to what setup.py sees (but this is just a
guess).