[python-sybase] Pulling my hair out about a query... (solved?)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:06:50 -0500

Dave & Stan,

I seem to have reached a useful conclusion about my query involving dates.
Our production Sybase server here is running 11.9.something while the Sybase
module is built using the 12.5 OCS libraries.  We have a test server running
12.5.  Grasping at straws this morning I tried running the script against
the test server.  Voila!  Valid results were returned!

That seems to solve my problem.  We will transition the test server to
production in a couple weeks and in the meantime I can just use the test
server directly.  That doesn't solve the problem for the Sybase module
though.  I suppose it's possible that some bit is set incompatibly at the
lower levels.  I'd be happy to try some more debugging if you want.  Just
let me know.

Thanks for the help,

--
Skip Montanaro