[python-sybase] Re: Bad query causes segfaults on Solaris?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:22:44 +0000 (UTC)

> I'm using SunOS 5.8, Sybase ASE 12.5.1, and Python-Sybase 0.36
> with Python 2.3, and am finding that queries which cause Python
> exceptions often also result in segmentation faults.  Has anyone
> else seen this problem?

Yes, I see it frequently though I can't get your precise example to
choke at the moment.  I had chalked it up to the rather weird environment
I'm using (Solaris/Intel, with the Sybase include files copied over from
a SPARC setup because Sybase refused to provide any <harrumph>), but perhaps
that's not the cause.

Skip Montanaro
skip@pobox.com