[python-sybase] CS_MEM_ERROR only in CGI execution environment

Gregory Bond gnb at itga.com.au
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:40:51 +1000

> I can import Sybase from a Solaris shell prompt fine.
>
> When I try importing Sybase from code run from a CGI script, though, it
> fails at the first cs_ctx_alloc() in Sybase.py, and I get the following in
> the debug file:

That'll be LD_LIBRARY_PATH issues.  When you do a connect, the sybase
libs dynamically link other libraries, giving these wierd errors if it
fails.  There's no way (afaict) of futzing -R flags at compile time
for this, you just gotta have the right LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or symlink
the offenders into /usr/local/lib or whatever.)

Seems to be a problem with 12.0/12.5 more than 11.0 libraries.