[python-sybase] CS_MEM_ERROR only in CGI execution environment

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:40:54 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

This may well be a Sybase issue, so apologies in advance if that's the
case.

I'm getting memory errors that don't appear to make sense given the
available resources.

I can import Sybase from a Solaris shell prompt fine.

When I try importing Sybase from code run from a CGI script, though, it
fails at the first cs_ctx_alloc() in Sybase.py, and I get the following in
the debug file:

cs_ctx_alloc(CS_VERSION_100, &ctx) -> CS_MEM_ERROR, None

The CGI process runs as the same user that I log in as when using the
module from the shell prompt.  In any case, there don't appear to be any
memory limitations on the CGI process, so I don't understand why I'm
getting this error.

Thanks for any help

John