[python-sybase] new installation under WinXP SP1

Richard Stewart rr_stewart at yahoo.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:05:43 -0700 (PDT)

I installed the Python-sybase software using:
python setup.py install and all went well, it seems.
However, when I try to run the following:

import Sybase
delay_connect = 1)
db.set_property(Sybase.CS_HOSTNAME, 'MYPC')
print 'Sybase.CS_TDS_VERSION = ',
print db.get_property(Sybase.CS_TDS_VERSION)
db.connect()

the code fails on the db.connect().

The property print displays: Sybase.CS_TDS_VERSION =
7364.  Then the code fails with the msg box
"python.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
close. ..."

The Sybase interface data is stored in
\sybase\ini\sql.ini.  Do I have to configure
Python-sybase to look there for the interface data?

Python otherwise runs just fine.  I'm guessing that I
didn't install something correctly, but I don't know
what.  Although new to Python, I am not new to
programming in general, nor Sybase Open/Client in
particular.

Any thoughts where I can start looking for a solution?

I appreciate any help.