[python-sybase] problems with executing dynamically created queries.

Jeff Younker jyounker at ofoto.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:46:10 -0700

Erik Thiele writes:

hmmmm. still i have no working example.

there is this python-sybase module and i cannot get it to work. there
must be something wrong here. Could you give me a query that runs on the
above configuration? i want to create the query dynamically. i.e. no
static query, but instead some query like the one above.

is the python-sybase module broken?

--

Ok, to try to help here:   What database libraries are
you linking against? The three possibilities that I can

I know that there are problems with FreeTDS and parameter
substitution.  I'm not sure whether the problems are with
the Sybase module or FreeTDS itself.

The module works great against the client sybase
libraries.

-jeff