[python-sybase] Any known memory leaks in 0.36?

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:35:53 +1000

>I have a user with a long-running process that does little more than make
>lots of Sybase queries.  It's memory footprint is slowly growing in size.  I
>can't yet attribute it to anything else in the program (no gc.garbage, no
>other third-party modules in use, etc), so I thought I'd check to see if
>there are any known memory leaks in 0.36.  Nothing popped up in a google
>query.

I've found that to be a fairly common problem in most long-running python
applications. In my apps, my suspician is fragmentation, rather than a
leak. To be fair, any long running app in any language that allocates
and frees random sized objects has this problem unless it takes steps
to avoid it (or uses an allocator that has strategies for avoiding it).

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au/