[python-sybase] Access violation on Win 2000

Scot McSweeney-Roberts s_mcsweeney_roberts at talk21.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:00:53 +0100

Hello all,

I'm trying to use 0.36 on Windows 2000 pro machine with Python 2.3 to
access an ASE 12 server (also on Windows 2000). However Python dies with
an application error 'The instruction at "0x009c5430" referenced memory
at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written". Clicking on cancel
brings up Visual C++ , which pops up a dialog saying unhandled exception
in python.exe: 0xc0000005: Access Violation.

Looking through the list archives I see I'm not the only person to have
had this problem, but I didn't find a solution. Does anybody have any ideas?

cheers

Scot