[python-sybase] Access violation on Win 2000

Scot Roberts scot.roberts at five.tv
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:01:46 +0100

Scot Roberts wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to use 0.36 on Windows 2000 pro machine with Python 2.3 to
> access an ASE 12 server (also on Windows 2000). However Python dies with
> an application error 'The instruction at "0x009c5430" referenced memory
> at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written". Clicking on cancel
> brings up Visual C++ , which pops up a dialog saying unhandled exception
> in python.exe: 0xc0000005: Access Violation.
>

> Looking through the list archives I see I'm not the only person to have
> had this problem, but I didn't find a solution. Does anybody have any
> ideas?

I've been trying to figure out where it's going wriong by commenting out
various lines of Sybase.py and it looks like it's exploding in the
connect method of the Connection object when it runs this line:

status = conn.ct_connect(self.dsn)

cheers

Scot

www.five.tv

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. It must not be used by or its contents copied or disclosed to persons other than the intended recipient. Any liability arising from any third party acting or refraining from acting on any information contained in this e-mail is excluded. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete it and any copies from your computer and network. This e-mail has been checked for viruses but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the opening use or onward transmission of the e-mail and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data and no responsibility is accepted by Five in this regard.