[python-sybase] dcl_result_drop symbol not found

Todd Burnside fntjb1 at uaf.edu
11 Sep 2003 15:14:41 -0800

I found a post from April for this problem, but there was no resolution
in the archives.

I am attempting to use the Sybase module on Solaris 8 with Sybase 12.5.
Everything installs fine, but when I try to 'import Sybase', I get the
following error:

>>> import Sybase
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Sybase.py", line 20, in ?
    from sybasect import *
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/sybase/sol/OCS/lib/libct.so: symbol dcl_result_drop: referenced
symbol not found

I would be grateful for any ideas on how to solve this.

Thanks,
Todd