[python-sybase] Error in ct_options

Shai.Berger@integration.sungard.com Shai.Berger at integration.sungard.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:13:37 +0200

Hi,

The Sybase equivalent of 'set implicit_transactions on' is 'set chained =
on'. This might work on MSSQL too -- I don't have one on me... But you =
may still activate the feature in very similar ways (executing a =
statement) rather than very different ones (statement vs. setting a =
connection property).

In any case, I think if you fail to set up chained transactions you =
should definitely not "just ignore it quietly"; this would be very =
un-pythonic. You should let the user allow it to be quietly ignored, or =
have an option to explicitly connect in auto-commit mode, but not as =
default.

Having a connection succeed, but use a subtly different semantics than =
the user expects (because of the DBAPI spec, and the fact that =
Sybase/MSSQL do support chained mode), is just asking for trouble.

My 2 cents,
	Shai.