[python-sybase] Sybase module on Mac OS X

Adam Swift aswift at mac.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:51:44 -0600

Not sure if this belongs on this list, but seemed like it was worth
passing along.

I just successfully built the Sybase module (with only a simple change
to setup.py shown below) against a current build of python 2.3 on Mac
OS X 10.2.3 with the Sybase ASE v12.5.  All the tests listed in section
1.3 of the documentation passed and so far it seems to work great.

Only change I made was to insert the following at line 32 of setup.py
(basically duplicating the logic from the 'nt' section)

         if os.environ.has_key('SYBASE_OCS'):
             ocs = os.environ['SYBASE_OCS']
             sybase = os.path.join(sybase, ocs)

I haven't tried building against the version of python that ships with
Jaguar, but if anyone is interested let me know and I'll try it with a
fresh 10.2 install.

To everyone who made this work - thank you!!

- adam