[python-sybase] Sybase module 0.36pre4 released
djc at object-craft.com.au
18 Feb 2003 15:47:17 +1100
WHAT IS IT:
The Sybase module provides a Python interface to the Sybase relational
database system. It supports all of the Python Database API, version
2.0 with extensions.
This is another incremental improvement to FreeTDS support.
You can build for FreeTDS like this:
python setup.py build_ext -D HAVE_FREETDS -U WANT_BULKCOPY
python setup.py install
The module is available here:
The module home page is here:
CHANGES SINCE 0.36pre3:
* Fixed cursor locking bug with .nextset() method.
* Added .debug_msg() method to context type which writes to the debug
log when debugging is enabled for the context object.
* Merged AIX build changes from Dietmar Rothkamp.
* Now compiles with FreeTDS 0.61.
* Limit size of TEXT fields to 65536.
CHANGES SINCE 0.35
* Removed references to CS_PENDING and CS_BUSY in Sybase.py.
* Bind CS_VARBINARY_TYPE as CS_BINARY_TYPE.
* Do not attempt to ct_cancel() when handling an exception if have not
connected to the server. Bug fix in Sybase.py.
* Seems like FreeTDS reports the wrong maxlength in ct_describe() for
CS_NUMERIC_TYPE and CS_DECIMAL_TYPE. Ignore FreeTDS and assume a
maxlength of sizeof(CS_NUMERIC). Bugfix in databuf.c.
* Use correct T_STRING_INPLACE type in structure member descriptions.
The code does not use Python API for these members.
* Debug output for DataFmt now includes scale and precision.
* More definitions added to freetds.h; CS_SRC_VALUE, CS_CLEAR.