[python-sybase] runtime problem - dcl_result_drop unresolved

jaybe@attbi.com jaybe at attbi.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:15:43 +0000

I have looked through the mailing list archives but cannot find mention of this
problem.

I can successfully build sybase module 0.35 against Python 2.2.2 and Sybase 12.5
_or_ Sybase 11.9.2.

The installation is successful, but when I try to import Sybase I see the following:

[GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (release)] on sunos5
>>> import Sybase
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/opt/python-2.2.2/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Sybase.py", line 20, in ?
    from sybasect import *
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/sybase/lib/libct.so: symbol dcl_result_drop: referenced symbol not found

I am using Solaris 8. When I trace the dependencies of sybasect.so and libct.so,
I see that dcl_result_drop is just the first of many unresolved symbols. Has
anyone seen and solved this? I can only find this sybmol in the Sybase
libraries; it doesn't even appear in the headers I have installed.