[python-sybase] sybase connection hanging

Rocky Burt rocky.burt at bricsnet.com
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 12:29:16 -0400

Well, the interpreter wasn't crashing, but was hanging.  In any event, I actually tracked down the problem.  The issue was that i was reusing the same cursor instance amongst different threads.  And as Sybase.threadsafety identifieds, cursors are not threadsafe.  Once I stopped reusing cursors, all was well.  I haven't had a single hang since.

Regards,
Rocky