[python-sybase] preferred Sybase client libs

Rocky Burt rocky.burt at bricsnet.com
03 Apr 2003 15:08:08 -0500

All,

I started out using FreeTDS to connect to Sybase.  I quickly ran into a
previously mentioned (on this mailing list) ct_param error.  According
to a previous post on this list, it appears that FreeTDS' ct_param stuff
doesn't work so essentially I can't use FreeTDS if i want to pass in
complicated parameters (like blobs and such).

So, my question then, is what Sybase client lib should I be using?  And,
is there a download link where I could get that client lib?

(I need support for ASE 11.x - 12.x)

ps. I'm subscribed to this list so please copy me directly when
replying.

Regards,
Rocky