[python-sybase] Segentation faults when connecting to SQL Server 2000

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
21 Sep 2002 13:35:33 +1000

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com> writes:

Kevin> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Harri Pasanen wrote:
>> I experienced similar things.  Probably if you change the query
>> order, it will still be so that the first one works.  So the
>> problem is that the connection / cursors keep some state that
>> throws it off balance.
>>
>> I managed to work around this by closing the cursor and
>> reallocating a new one for the next query.  And having opened the
>> connection with 'auto_commit=1' also helped.

Kevin> Attached is a _very_ experimental patch that re-works some of
Kevin> the connection state logic and locking in the Sybase.py module.
Kevin> Please apply it to an original copy of Sybase.py, and let me
Kevin> know how it goes.  With it, I am able to run many queries in
Kevin> sequence very reliably.  Unfortunately, I don't have a Sybase
Kevin> installation to test, so I don't know exactly where the FreeTDS
Kevin> implementation of libCT seems to be diverging from what must
Kevin> obviously be robust for many Sybase users.

After being away from this stuff for a while I am now ready to get
back into it.  Sorry for the absence.

I would like to build a new release (0.35pre2) but before I do that
can I ask people to try the patch from Kevin Jacobs?  There seems to
be some variance in the observed behaviour.

Can people please report whether what configuration they are using and
whether or not they are having problems?

client platform (win/linux/solaris...):
client library (freetds/sybase vers):
server plaform:
server release:

It would really help if we could build up some sort of profile.